Who, me?

Friday, April 9, 2010

04.09.2010 * A New Beginning

Today marks a new beginning for me. Here is my story...
I am an 8 year old neutered male purebred and AKC registered vizsla. I was purchased as a puppy from a breeder in Fresno by my owners who live in San Bruno. I am guessing I weigh about 48-50 pounds, am of average height for a male vizsla, have some gray on my muzzle and a little on my feet. I have a broad head and think, overall, I am pretty handsome. I am in good health and I am current on my shots as well as my heartworm medication. I think I am pretty sweet and I love being around the humans here. If I feel they are ignoring me I go up to them and nudge their arm while they are typing on their computers, though I get the feeling that this is something they would rather I didn't do.

Things were fine for many years but recently I began having issues with the three small children in my household. My owners do not know why and I have been unable to tell them. I guess I may have acted inappropriately around the children and my owners became concerned for their safety. After they spoke with the people at VCNC Rescue Operations they made the difficult and painful decision to surrender me for re-homing.

A nice woman named Nancy picked me up this evening, along with all my worldly possessions (big round deg bed, a MANSION of a soft crate, my food, medications and treats) and took me to her house in Sebastopol which I now share with five other dogs. One of them is another rescue dog like myself. His name is Stockton and he has his own blog as well. He has been very helpful in getting me settled here, explaining how things work, etc. I like all the dogs here and get along really well them. I am initially more comfortable with female humans but the male human here, Robert, is very nice and I have quickly warmed up to him. I especially like it when he throws a ball or other toys for me to chase and retrieve. The yard here is very big and I have lots of room to run, and I LOVE to run and play fetch!

I did not eat my dinner tonight because of all the excitement of these new surroundings but I am not skinny or underweight so it is no big deal. I watched Hulu TV (McCloud's Daughters) before bedtime. Nancy set my MANSION of a soft crate up in the bedroom along with my dog bed so that is where I will sleep tonight.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment