Who, me?

Thursday, April 22, 2010

04.22.2010 * Day 13

What a day! Beautiful, sunny,warm and just a hint of a breeze. After breakfast I went out into the horse pasture and wore myself to a frazzle playing with the jolly ball. I had to take a nap after that. Phoenix caught a vole this morning and I was jealous, but I did not bother him or his quarry. After my nap Robert came out into the backyard and played fetch with me for several hours. I like it when he comes into the yard; easier to get the ball to him. In between playing ball I would watch him stalk gophers; crawling on his belly through the grass waiting for the kill shot. Don't know, but I think he watched too many episodes of "Battle Cry" in the '60's. When he starts putting on camo face paint is when I will start worrying...

I have stopped chewing up my tennis balls, much to Robert's approval. My current one is at least three days old. I do enjoy my water tub on these warm days; wish it were bigger. My adoptive parents should have a pool with a beach entrance....

I napped again this afternoon while Robert tackled some really tall weeds for a garden he and Nancy are planning. Things grow really crazy here, especially the weeds.

After dinner I went for another run in the horse pasture and then Robert and I played fetch in the back yard. He discovered I like to be chased when I have the ball. The old fart just could not get anywhere near me though, and I am almost nine! But then, Robert brought out some really strange device. After checking on the Internet I found out it is an all-terrain Segway! He can really move on that thing! He spent nearly an hour chasing me with it while blasting the Beach Boy's "Little Deuce Coupe" from its speakers. He caught air twice on the septic mound! Only once did he wipe out; zigged when he should have zagged. I went over and checked on him. He was fine. Then I peed on the tires and ran off with my tennis ball.

Life is good, despite the advantage technology affords him....

No comments:

Post a Comment