Who, me?

Saturday, April 17, 2010

04.17.2010 * Day 8

Wow, I had to get up REALLY early this morning. It was still dark outside! Nancy loaded Gracie, Dolly, Hannah and myself into the big gray prison van and off we headed on a 2 hour journey. I recall Nancy saying something about a Fun Field Day.

When we arrived I found myself amid big open fields of tall grass, lots of big furries with people on their backs and scores of other dogs. There was lots of activity and noise. Unfortunately, I had to spend most of the day in my crate in the back of the van with Dolly and Hannah. I was very upset at being away from Robert and Nancy that I behaved badly when some people came by to take me out for a walk to do my business. When Robert finally returned I was still hugely upset and I told him so. He wanted to take me for a walk but I was so upset I refused. He was pretty understanding about it but saddened as well. He spent 45 minutes talking to me with my crate door open and plying me with yogurt, berries, hamburger, dog cookies and the such. Finally I relented and agreed to walk with him. We met many other dogs and people and I saw all kinds of new things. I got to go into the irrigation canal and retrieve sticks. I enjoyed that and it felt good. After that, Robert put me into the truck with the windows down so I could watch all the goings on and not be in a crate. Shortly afterward I was joined by Stockton and Gracie and we headed back home. I wanted the front seat but Stockton claimed it so I had to stand with my front paws on the window sill and my back feet on the center console to stick my nose out the window and smell all the new things we passed on the way home. Stockton was a good sport about it, even when I occasionally stood or stepped on him.

When we arrived home everyone seemed pretty tired, especially the big furries. We all had dinner and retired early in the evening.

Overall, it was not one of my better days and I think Robert and Nancy are a bit concerned over my behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment