Who, me?

Monday, April 26, 2010

04.26.2010 * Day 17

Another fine day...cooler than the last two but still very pleasant. Played in the horse pasture with the jolly ball and played fetch with my tennis balls for hours later in the morning. I watched Robert work on the raised garden bed and was intrigued that he felt compelled to bring in big wheelbarrows of dirt into the backyard and fill in the gopher holes I so lovingly excavated for him. One thing that Robert has noticed I like to do is take my tennis balls into the big tub of water and get them good and soggy. Then I take them to a hole I have dug and roll them around in the dirt until they are caked with mud...yummy. Then I bring them into the house for Robert to throw. Sometimes I think my quirks are not appreciated....just a guess.

I went to the local hardware store today with Robert who spent way too much time looking for some special kind of wooden stick to attach to an antique garden tool he has. I mean, WTF, just pick a stick and use it. I could have picked out 10 handles by the time he decided none of them would work...geez. At least I got lots of cookies and to ride in the front seat of the truck.

I seem to be a little sore tonight. Robert noticed I was walking gingerly and I am now on a dog bed covered with a nice fleece throw. I also am a little stiff in the morning as well. This old age thing is not what it is cracked up to be. I am going to see if I can't get Robert to buy me a hot tub. I'll gladly share it with him and Nancy.

Nancy took Dolly and Hannah to San Jose with her this morning, so it is just Phoenix, Gracie, myself and Robert here for a few days.....parrrrrtttttyyyy time!

Every day I keep hoping Robert will tell me somebody special is coming to visit me...

No comments:

Post a Comment