Who, me?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

04.14.2010 * Day 5

Slept in bed with Robert, Stockton and Phoenix last night. Never experienced a menage a trois before; not anything like it is cracked up to be. I had a very restful night, as did the others.

Got up at 6:30 and had breakfast. At 7:00am I went outside and was ready for "Play Ball". Stockton thinks I am suffering a bit of OCD and recommended some Lithium. Thank goodness he can't write prescriptions. I love my balls; what male doesn't?

I have chewed through 3 tennis balls today; good thing Robert has a big box of them. I have to condition them, and then I just get carried away. I have yet to demolish the BIG grapefruit-sized industrial tennis ball Nancy bought me; that will be a challenge. Right now I am on a dog bed in the dining room "conditioning" a normal tennis ball while guarding my BIG tennis ball. Robert has started to attempt to train me to fetch the ball, bring it to him, sit, and release on command. I think he is tired of picking up my balls wherever I choose to drop them. The training is going slowly...but relentlessly. If I dare growl over a ball he is right there to put me in a sit, then down and then stay. If I do not comply, no ball throwing. Tough love...

Oops, I just breached my 4th tennis ball tonight. If you connected my jaws to a generator I could power the entire state of California.

The weather was weird today. Sunny but rainy in the morning; like I know what rain is when I am waiting for the ball to be thrown. Ran in the horse pasture and got REAL FILTHY...was hosed down with COLD water before being allowed into the backyard. Damn, you think the guy could afford a water heater for the outdoor wash station. I have contacted animal rights about this. Any pro-bono animal activist lawyers out there?

I am on a dog bed in the dining room right now with my BIG tennis ball and a normal tennis ball. Robert is going out to feed the big furry animals in the pasture (I like to bark at them) and then I hope we can watch some more TV via the Internet.

I hope somebody or some family that wants a very active, but loving, ONLY dog that needs structure, will see my blog. I am going to be at the VCNC Fun Field Day on Saturday, April 17th. Stop by and meet me, but don't forget to bring a tennis ball...

I love you all...


No comments:

Post a Comment