Who, me?

Monday, April 12, 2010

04.12.2010 * Day 3

This morning after I had my breakfast, I had an appointment to visit Dr Waldo for an exam, nail trimming and x-rays. I was reluctant to jump up into the back seat of Robert's Dodge dually so he took me to the vet in the Van (aka, prison shuttle bus). I enjoyed laying on the bench seat behind the front captain's chairs. I do very well on lead. I weighed in at 52.2 pounds. The good doctor examined me, listened to my heart and lungs, manipulated my joints and looked in my ears and mouth. I have just a touch of redness (inflamation) in my left ear so Robert will put some ointment in it for a few days. I let Robert put a muzzle on me (standard procedure for the vet) and then the doctor took two x-rays, one of my hips and a lateral of my spine. My hips are in very good shape and there is no indication of any spinal problems or vertabrae bridging. I had my nails trimmed and I was good to go. I did really well at the vet; no growling, fighting or fussing. The worst I did was bark whenever Dr Waldo came into the exam room or a new patient came into the waiting room. Several people petted me and I got to see a cat in a carrier which was OK until he hissed at me, the little shit. I had lots of cookies so I can't say visiting the vet is all bad.

It finally stopped raining here so I have been playing fetch with Robert all afternoon. I showed him how I can carry both a normal size and my grapefruit size tennis ball in my mouth at the same time...pretty good, eh mate? (must be that overdose of McCloud's Daughters Nancy subjected me to). I have also discovered these wonderful creatures caller gophers. I am very good at sniffing them in their active tunnels but I don't think the humans appreciate my attempts to excavate them, especially on the septic mound.

Nancy located my breeder and spoke with her about finding me a foster/adoptive home. We shall see what becomes of that. Nancy took two of the female vizslas with her to San Jose tonight so there are just four of us here tonight; things are a bit calmer.

I am really a very nice boy, in great health, very active and what I really want in life is someone to call my very own, give me all their attention and exert a little structure into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment